Do you ever lose things ? Have you ever misplaced something? Maybe you hid something valuable and then forgot where you placed it ? If your answer was yes to any of those questions this post is for you. I want to introduce a sweet little tool called Tile.
Tile is a tool that you can use to find your stuff. Tile can be placed on anything you want to keep track of. Tile works with your apple products. Tile claims droid support is coming.
Works with iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad Mini, iPad 3rd and 4th gen, and iPod Touch 5th gen. New iOS devices will be supported as they become available, as long as they have Bluetooth 4.0 support.
At this time Android does not support Bluetooth 4.0. A few Android phone manufacturers have released BLE SDKs, however they are lacking in quality and stability. At Tile, the quality of our products is of utmost importance, and until there exists an Android platform that meets our quality standards, we will not be releasing a Tile app for Android.
I am sure as the company grows more support for more devices will eventually come. Tile is a kickstarted company and they have seen some amazing backers according to their site
With your help, 49,586 backers
preordered Tiles totaling $2,681,297.
That is pretty impressive.
What I Love About Tile
- On their site the video really displays what tile can do. One of the highlights the video showed was a scene where someone had their bike stolen and had a tile on it. What was really neat about the scene was how it showed the power of the tile. Tile networks with other tiles in the area to help you locate your stolen stuff. The possibilities of this could be endless. One example I thought of was for your car, place a tile under the dash somewhere and always know where your car is if it was ever stolen.
- Never replace the battery?
Tile is designed so that you never replace the battery. There are several benefits of this design:
- 1. Ease of Use – Trying to find the right coin cell battery is a pain. You never have to do this with Tile.
- 2. Waterproof – Tile is waterproof.
- 3. Thinner – Allows Tile to be much thinner.
- 4. Latest and Greatest – Once a year you get the latest and greatest Tile.
From the Tile community perspective, part of our vision is making Tiles less expensive and longer lasting every year.
of stuff on the go
The Tile App on your phone makes it easy to find your Tile(s) anywhere, anytime.
More is better
Use Tile on as many things as you want.
Add up to 10 Tiles on an account.
Share with people you trust
You can share access to Tiles with friends,
family, and trusted coworkers.
Take that, couch cushions
Tiles will sound an alert if triggered.
If you can hear it, you can find it.
The last place seen
The Tile app remembers where it last saw your Tile, so you can easily find it right where you left it.
What I’m not a fan of
- Only ten devices per one account
A whole year?
Tiles last a year. We’ll remind you when it’s time to order new Tiles and send you an envelope to recycle your old ones.
Not really sure the reasoning for this one. Their site did not mention the reason for this either.
Comments and Thoughts
What are your thoughts about the TILE would it be something you would use ?
Have you found any similar tools ?
Originally posted 2013-12-18 16:33:33.